Tuesday, October 14, 2014

2014 Happy Haunted 5K

For those of you that know me, I am NOT a "runner"!! {Yep, bold, italic, underline...should be highlighted too....} I found EVERY excuse not to run in high school, and any sport, pretty much for my entire life!!

Now, I do love my extreme home workouts {T25, TurboFire, Combat, etc}....they are challenging, fun, kick my butt...AND..no one can see me!!!

SO....I get a grand idea, since I LOVE DISNEY so much, lets RUN a Disney race.....5K...sure, no problem!

I chose to start with the "Happy Haunted 5K", fall race, "cooler" Florida weather (if that actually exists), and I heard that the Headless Horseman makes an appearance!!! AWESOME! Click, register, All set! 





And so I finally get to see the Headless Horseman! Awesome and creepy all at the same time! He rode up to the start of the race, reared up, then made his way "into the woods"....where we would be running!

I was in the second corral, so we were 5 minutes behind the super fast awesome runners, lol. We started out in a big mob, then and people started pacing themselves, everyone had enough room.

I will say that I did WAY better than I thought I was going to do! - I envisioned myself being swept up, cause I AM NOT A RUNNER!

There was a huge variety of people there, the super runner just warming up for the bigger event, all the way down to the seniors who walked the course!

It was fun to see what characters they had out on the trail. Of course, I stopped at each one, it's part of the appeal of the race!!  :)




I was a very "under-dressed" Stitch. I decided not to run with my Stitch paws and try to deal running with them and fumbling for my camera at the stops.

Each character stop took between 5-8 minutes, depending on how many people were in line. So, that of course ads to your time, as well as stopping to take photos at each mile marker!

I had fun! {yep, even though I was running!} I highly recommend it, esp if you are a Disney Freak, as I am!
Looking forward to my next Disney race in November! his time we will be running through Animal Kingdom Park! I am hoping to cut down my time, even just a little bit, and of course, I will post about that as well!

Be sure to check out the Run Disney Site! They put on great events!











No comments:

Post a Comment